Part of Jim Mahaffey's The Ten-Minute Jazz Series
This is Volume 6 in the Series -- The Full Circle of Fourths
· The lesson in this final volume extends the Volume 5 progression to a completechord sequence in the full circle of fourths, or root progression C-F-Bb-Eb-A-D-G (as in Autumn Leaves).
· This progression is approached as a "ii-V-I-IV" in Bb, followed by a simple "ii-V-I" in G minor, relative minor to Bb Major.
· Thus, the chord progression Cmi9-F9-BbMaj9-EbMaj9, then Ami7(b5)-D9-Gmi. is formed.
· A "bridge" that includes similar changes occurs, and a return to the original set completes another AABA form in the bonus chart, A Season Departs.
· Includes a Playalong CD, for use with all 6 Volumes in the Series.