Using musical examples that reflect all contemporary genres (pop, rock, Latin, fusion, jazz, etc.), emphasis is placed on making ear training real, as Prof. Radley shows how to apply the harmonic ear training studies in the book to your own musical needs. Covers both beginning and intermediate ear training exercises.
Step by step, you will learn how to:
- hear the bass line (the harmony's foundation) in the major key
- gradually add major and minor diatonic triads, and on to seventh chords
- investigate how melody provides harmonic clues to determine chord changes explore minor key harmony
- and conclude with hearing some common non-diatonic chord patterns.
You will immediately begin recognizing popular chord patterns by:
- using practice routines based on hundreds of dictation and transcription exercises
- playing, singing, memorizing and transposing the chord progressions of songs composing and arranging your own music based on familiar chord patterns given in the book.