Teach the skills and habits of successful sight-singers in as little as 5 minutes a day! This easy-to-use progressive approach helps the teacher plan effective sight-singing practice, and can be used by school or church groups, individual students or voice classes.
Lesson plans are clearly mapped out with rehearsal tips, definitions of new musical terms and concepts, plus handy trouble-shooting hints to diagnose sight-singing problems. The exercises are designed to give singers confidence in a variety of textures and styles.
SUCCESSFUL SIGHT-SINGING - BOOK 1:
· Introduces rhythms and intervals sequentially
· Systematically incorporates elements of music such as key signatures and reviews them regularly
· Features exercises designed to look and sound like real music
· Presents a variety of creative activities to introduce and reinforce new musical elements and skills such as how to find entrance cues
· Unison or two-part singing